Monday, August 23, 2010

Faux Techniques with Polymer!

There are so many fun techniques with polymer clay that result in a "faux" finish. One of my favorites is this "Elegance" Faux Himalayan Salt Necklace.
I used a combination of translucent clay & mixed in beige and pink tones to get this effect.
Finally it was sanded and glazed with a varathane sealer for shine.
This particular piece was inspired by a trip to a famous steak house with my husband where the walls have real Himalayan salt slabs illuminated from behind. The colors and patterns intrigued me.
I think this this memory behind it is the main reason it's my favorite. I also love the fact that it is strung with freshwater pearls I purchased at my favorite, local bead store & has a handmade gold plated clasp, created by a friend of mine.
You can find many more faux techniques & tutorials here...
Check out my new Handmade Spark Mini Site...

No comments: